BEFORE YOU REGISTER (on MONDAY, FEB 15)
1) Remember that parade participation is for Dragon Con members only. If you are not planning on purchasing a 2016 membership that includes Saturday (parade day), please do not register to reserve space (that might otherwise go to a DC member) in our parade. Member badges must be worn on parade morning.
2) Remember that commercial entries are only accepted in the parade IF you are a Dragon Con sponsor. If you want to advertise your company or products/services but are not already a sponsor, please do not register for our parade at this time. Contact me if you'd like information on sponsorship.
3) Remember to double check that your information entered in the form is correct. The form has changed just a little bit from last year. We're asking for your (legal) First & Last name this year because there are lots of instances where people couldn't remember which name (fan or otherwise) they used to register. We figure if the registration is under your legal name, it'll lessen the stress all the way around. If this is a problem for you, contact me. :) Feel free to make liberal use of the Comment section on the form, especially if you are entering an original costume.
4) Remember to check for the 'confirmation screen' that will be returned to you after you successfully submit the form. It acknowledges receipt of your registration request. We review all entries on a daily basis. If we have a question or concern about your entry, you'll get an email from us. If you DO NOT hear back from us (no email) within a week of registering, everything is good to go with your participation. So, email from us = potential problem :( and NO email from us = all is right with the world and you are registered for the parade :).
5) Remember that registration will stay open until we have filled all the space in the parade. Still don't panic if you haven't registered on Day 1. Do keep in mind if things go as they did last year, it might only take a couple of months to hit our cap. We'll try to give as many updates/warnings as possible when the spaces start to dwindle down for both participants and vehicles.
INDIVIDUALS: You do NOT have to belong to a group to march. Register yourself and we'll make sure you march in the right section of the parade. However if you ARE a member of a group (501st, Dark Hunters, etc.) please DO NOT register as an individual saying you'll be marching with XYZ group - your participation is taken care of in the group's registration.
GROUPS & GROUP LEADERS: When you register, provide your best estimate of the number of people and vehicles (if any) you believe will be in your parade group. Some group leads use previous years' actual participation numbers to base their estimates on. Please do not base your estimate on how popular you believe your group will be (especially for brand new groups). As long as we have unclaimed space, we can adjust your numbers if needed.More to come in the next months. LOTS more!
- on Twitter @DragonConParade
- in Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/
- at Yahoo Groups https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/
- here in LiveJournal AND on the Dragon Con web site
Feel free to email me if you have questions about the parade. dc_parade(at)dragoncon(dot)org,
Director, Dragon Con Parade